New year, new you? Of course not, because change doesn’t happen overnight. Change doesn’t happen by default either. Our brain is resistant to change because it takes too much energy, and the brain loves what’s familiar. Sometimes, the familiar (the known) is also very painful; however, familiarity wins over the effort that’s required to make a change.
Change requires vision, intention, and discipline. When it comes to personal transformation, we have to become professional athletes.
One quote that I really like is this:
The key word in this quote is decide.
Decision, or personal choice, is an issue of healing and levels of self-awareness. If “making wise decisions” were easy, there would be no addiction in the world, would it?
And so, the question for all of us is: how do I go from a state of default to a state of conscious choice and personal willpower? Just like a professional athlete, with good coaching. Nobody can do this work alone.
To start things off for 2023, I recommend answering the questions below. Keep the answers simple and clear ( strive for no confusion). Write your answers on paper, or make a vision board out of this:
- What are my priorities this year? What’s non-negotiable for me? What aspects of my life will get my energy and attention?
- What areas of my life need improvement, change, or transformation? Why?
- How do I feel right now in these areas?
- How do I want to feel in a year ?
- What kind of help do I need to make the change happen?
- Who do I want to become?
- If I had a magic wand, as a parent, I would _________.
Happy New Year!
Enroll at the link below.