Are you a parent struggling with these questions?
1. Why is my child so aggressive?
2. Why doesn’t my child play nice with his/her siblings?
3. Why is my child so needy, whinny and difficult?
4. Why do I find myself yelling at my kids when I don’t want to yell?
5. Why is parenting so exhausting?
6. Will parenting ever get easier?
In the Hand in Hand Parenting Online Starter Class, I will help you understand the root cause of your child’s difficult behaviors and give you the right tools to bring back the joy of parenting. I will teach you how to use 5 listening tools in order to strengthen the connection between you and your child. *****Small size class: maximum 6 participants.****
What do other parents say about me?
• “Mihaela has given us a gift in her Hand-in-Hand Parenting sessions. She is a natural at making parents feel welcome and heard. Mihaela’s strong personality, coupled with her calmness and nurturing outlook, allows for a safe space where open-dialogue can happen and emotions can run freely. There is a wealth of information available for parents but to find another human being, another parent who can help bring clarity and create opportunities for sharing experiences, is an entirely different platform. This is what Mihaela does so well in each session. She is relatable, honest, aware and intentional about what she’s doing and it connects back to the parents in which she supports, mentors and guides.” (Heather, mother of two, 7 & 5 years old)
• “The great thing about parenting by connection with Hand in Hand is that so much of what we were learning to do is, at least for me, the opposite of what I would typically do, but it all seems to work the better for it. A big thing is the listening partnerships. I am a very closed off person and while that might help for the listening portion of the partnership the idea of opening up about myself for 7, 8, 10 minutes to ANYONE was scary. Regardless of my trepidation, I came out of every listening partnership feeling absolutely refreshed, as if a great weight was lifted. Perhaps I simply made a habit of carrying around too much emotional baggage, but the listening partnerships helped by giving me an outlet to air out those emotions. All of the tools Hand in Hand uses have helped to improve my relationships with my children, but it has been such a gift to be able to connect with them without my own internal turmoil clouding our interactions.” (Tony, father of two, 15 & 5 years old)
After completing this class, you will:
1. have the knowledge to restore connection with your child when connection breaks;
2. have better control over your own big emotions ( self-regulation);
3. show more empathy towards your child and yourself;
4. be a better listener;
5. rediscover your own playfulness and bring it back in the relationship with your child;
6. become a member of a parent support system.
• 9 downloadable instructional booklets on the most common problem areas;
• 6 month access to an online classroom for learning that fits your schedule;
• personalized parenting support via 1-1 consultations or live support calls with me.
What will you need?
• access to a computer; high-speed internet access; 30-90 minutes/ week for the live support calls (depending on the number of participants)
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the Hand in Hand Online Starter Class?
This class teaches you the foundation of parenting by connection developed by Hand in Hand Parenting, an award -winning non-profit parenting organization based in Palo Alto, California. Each week’s module will introduce you to a science -based listening tool, delivered via online classroom.
Who is this class for?
Parents, Co-Parents (Divorced Parents), Step-Parents, Grandparents, Preschool Teachers, Therapists, Coaches, Pediatricians, and other caretakers of children 0-12 years old.
What does this class cover?
There are six modules in this class. The modules are:
1. Basic scientific theories that support parenting by connection; Listening Partnerships;
3. Special Time
4. Setting Limits
6. Create a Connection Plan
How does this class work since it’s an online class?
Coursework is delivered to you online anywhere in the world, with over six hours of pre-recorded videos and reading materials. Once you submit your full payment, you will receive access to all materials in a virtual classroom. Your payment includes:
• A digital Hand in Hand Parenting Starter Manual;
• Extra booklets in each module as PDF’s;
• Full access to all materials for 6 months;
• Weekly live support group calls with your instructor;
• Weekly 1:1 consultation calls with your instructor (30 minutes/parent or family/each week).
What is a live support group call?
The live support group call is a weekly call in which all parents enrolled in the class participate. Your instructor facilitates the call. During the call, you will:
• share your experiences using the listening tools at home;
• have your parenting questions answered;
• receive listening time without interruptions, judgement or advice.
This will help you:
• build support around the work you do as a parent;
• find listening partners and know you are not alone;
• learn from other parents;
• reduce your stress levels by offloading your own feelings in a safe and confidential environment.
Parents will often form ongoing free listening partnerships with other parents as a result of the support call. Being part of a support call can help you develop a network which you can use to help solve your parenting challenges.
How big are the support calls, and how long do the calls run?
Class is limited to 6 participants. The length of the weekly calls depends on how many parents are in the group, but you can expect it to last between 60 and 90 minutes. If only one person is on the call, it will run for 30 minutes max.
How much does the class cost?
The class costs 357$.
All materials, weekly support calls and weekly 1:1 consultations are included in this price.
How do I pay for the class?
Buy your ticket on Eventbrite. Your ticket reserves your spot in the class. Click here to buy your ticket.
What time will the live support group call take place?
The call will start at 12:00 PM EST (Miami/ New York time zone). To convert your time into USA EST click here.
The weekly support call will take place every Wednesday for 6 consecutive weeks, starting on June 10, 2020.