Here are the books I recommend for everyone interested in understanding themselves better, parents or not.
My list comes in no particular order. Set a goal to read at least one book a month until the end of 2023, if you can. Let me know how it goes, or if you have any questions.
- The Myth of Normal, by Gabor Mate, M.D. & Daniel Mate
- Parenting from the Inside Out, by Daniel Siegel & Mary Hartzell
- Mindsight, by Daniel Siegel
- The Drama of the Gifted Child, by Alice Miller ( original title: Prisoners of Childhood)
- Women Who Love Too Much, by Robin Norwood
- Listen, by Patty Wipfler & Tosha Schore
- Loving What Is, by Byron Katie
- Man’s Search for Meaning, by Viktor E. Frankl
- The Body Keeps the Score, by Bessel A. von der Kolk
- Goddesses in Every Woman, by Jean Shinonda Bolen
- A New Earth, by Eckhart Tolle
- Hold On to Your Kids, by Gordon Neufeld & Gabor Mate, M.D.
- The Happiness Hypothesis, by Jonathan Haidt